To show the main Docs page on the front of your site, you will need to add that page to your site’s menu. Here are the steps for that.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard, “Appearance –> Menus”.
- Make sure that you are editing your desired menu in the “Edit Menus” tab.
- Click on “Links“ to open the drop-down.
- For “URL”, enter this, but change “www.YOUR_WEBSITE.COM” to your own:
Also, if you entered anything in the “Change The Main Docs Slug” setting (in the plugin settings), then you must replace “docs” in the URL above with the slug that you entered in the setting. For example, if you entered “books” in the “Change The Main Docs Slug” setting, then your URL for the menu item should be:
For the “Change The Main Docs Slug” setting, if you entered something with uppercase letters, or a phrase with spaces, then for the purpose of this menu item, you must user a “sanitized” version of that. For example, say you entered, “Books and Resources” for the “Change The Main Docs Slug” setting. Now, for the menu item URL, you must must make all letters lowercase, and replace all spaces with dashes. “Books and Resources” should become “books-and-resources”. So, the URL for this menu item would be:
- For “Link Text”, enter whatever label you like, such as “Docs”, or “Documentation”, or “Instruction Guides”.
- Click “Add to Menu”.
- You will now see that menu item added to the right side of the screen, under the “Menu Structure” tab. You can edit the order by dragging the item around.
- Click “Save Menu“. Now the “Docs” page is added to your menu.