After activating the Organized Docs plugin, you can immediately begin adding Docs articles.
- Add a Docs article (documentation article) by going to “Docs –> Add New“. Create your article like you would any post.
- When you’re ready to publish, it’s important to choose the correct category for each Docs post. Choose a category from the “Docs Categories” box, or create a new Docs category.
To choose a category: In the Categories meta box, put a checkmark next to the correct category (or CHILD-category).
To create a new Docs category:
- To create a main Product category, click the “Add New Docs Category” link, type the name, and click the “Add New Docs Category” button.
- To create a child-category (this would be a sub-heading in the Table of Contents), click the “Add New Docs Category” link, type the name, select the parent category that this sub-heading belongs under, then click the “Add New Docs Category” button.
- Optional: you can set a custom sort-order number for this post. This will order it under its Sub-heading. Number 1 will appear first, while greater numbers appear lower. Numbers do not have to be consecutive; for example, you could number them like, 10, 20, 35, 45, etc. This would leave room in between to insert new Docs later without having to change all current numbers.
- Click “Publish” or “Update“. (or “Save Draft” if not ready to go live).
That’s all. Add as many Docs following these steps, and they will get automatically organized into the Docs Table of Contents.
This is an example how a single doc will look:
To show the main Docs page on the front of your site, you will need to add that page to your site’s menu. To add the main Docs page to your site’s menu, please see this.