This plugin requires the latest version of ZodiacPress.
This plugin is an extension for ZodiacPress and WooCommerce, so you must have both of those plugins installed in order to use this plugin.
Install The Plugin
- Download the plugin from its main page.
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin.
- Click Browse to upload the ZIP file which you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate Plugin to activate the plugin.
Setup and Configuration
To sell an astrology report, you must create a report product.
(If you’re new to WooCommerce, see this.)
Create a Report Product
Creating a report product is just like creating any other product in your WooCommerce store, with a few mandatory steps:
- Go to: Products > Add New.
- Enter your desired title for the product. For example, Birth Report.
- Optional: Enter a description in the text box.
- Mandatory step. Go to the Product data panel and select Virtual.
- Enter a price for the report.
- Mandatory step. Go to the Inventory tab and select Sold individually.
- Mandatory step. Go to the Product short description panel.
This box is where you must paste the ZodiacPress shortcode for the report. To sell a regular Birth Report, paste this shortcode:
If you have the House Systems extension, you can sell a House Systems report. To sell a House Systems report, paste this shortcode:
[birthreport sell="woocommerce" report="house_systems"]
You can sell any type of ZodiacPress report by adding
sell="woocommerce"to the shortcode.
For example, you may have a report with the Sidereal Zodiac and a custom house system, like this:
[birthreport sidereal="lahiri" house_system="W"]
You can sell that report by adding
sell="woocommerce", like this:
[birthreport sidereal="lahiri" house_system="W" sell="woocommerce"]
- In addition to the shortcode, you are allowed to enter other content into the Product short description box. For example, you can add a short description of the report.
- Just like with any other product in your WooCommerce store, you can set product categories, tags, and images for this report product, if you wish to do so.
- Click “Publish” to make your report available for sale in your shop.
Optionally Offer a Free Preview
You may choose to offer a free preview of your report. The free preview will look like this, although it will also have the chart image if you enabled the image on the report:
To offer a free preview:
- Create a page and give it a name, for example, “Free Preview.”
- Add this shortcode to the page:
- Link to this page somewhere so that your users can get the free preview. For example, you can link to it in the description for your birth report product. Or, you can add it to your main menu. When visitors go to that page, they will be able to get a free preview of the report.
- The free preview contains links that say, “Buy the full report.” You can change the wording of these links by going to the Free Preview Settings. To do this, go to ZodiacPress > Settings > Free Preview. On that settings page, you can also customize the preview length.
If You Use Gutenberg
If you are using the Gutenberg plugin, the steps above are all the same except for Step 7 under Create a Report Product. Instead of pasting the shortcode into the Product short description box, paste it into the Excerpt box. The Excerpt box will be on the right side of the screen.
Click Excerpt to open the box, and paste the shortcode:
Customers will see the Birth Report for sale in your shop.
They will be able to enter their birth information and add the report to the shopping cart.
Once they checkout and arrive at the “Thank You” page, they will be able to view their report.
In addition, customers that have an account on your site will be available to view the report from their order history on the “My Account” page. To do this, they should click on an order to view the receipt. The receipt will have a link to view their report, just like in the above image.
Data Privacy Tools
When viewing a completed birth report order in the admin, you’ll notice that the birth information is attached to the order.
To help you comply with privacy laws, this birth data can be erased. To erase birth data for one order, copy the order ID:
Then, go to ZodiacPress > Tools.
Then, scroll down to “Erase Birth Data For WooCommerce Orders.” You can erase birth data from a single order, or from all birth report orders at once. This does not erase the order itself, only the personal birth data.
If you encounter problems with this plugin, first check to make sure that your site meets all the requirements for this plugin to work. The requirements are:
- WordPress version 4.7 or higher.
- WooCommerce version 3.2.4 or higher must be installed and activated.
- ZodiacPress plugin version 1.6 or higher must be installed and activated.
- In addition, see this page to make sure you meet the requirements for the core ZodiacPress plugin.