This “Quick Start Guide” is the fastest to way to get the ZodiacPress birth report working on your site. (This assumes you’ve already installed and activated the plugin.)
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to ZodiacPress –> Settings, and click the Misc tab.
Enter your GeoNames Username and click “Save Changes.”
This is required in order to use GeoNames webservice to get birth place coordinates and timezones for the birth reports.
You can quickly create a free GeoNames account here.
After you create your GeoNames account, you must also enable the free web services for your username.
Here are the steps:
- After you create your GeoNames user name, activate your account using the activation link that they send to your email.
- Log in to your GeoNames account.
- After you are logged in, go to the GeoNames Manage Account page.
- On that page, scroll to the bottom where it says “Free Web Services.” There will be a link for you to click in order to enable the free web services. Or, it will say that your account is already enabled for free web services.
When you click to enable the free web services, you should get this success message:
"The account YOUR_USERNAME has been successfully enabled to use the free webservices."
If you do not get that message, or if you instead get a login form, then it did not work. In this case, you must log in again, and then repeat step C and D.
[birthreport]shortcode to a page or post. To do this, paste
[birthreport]on a page or post where you want the form to appear. This is where the birth report form will appear. Go to this page on the front of your site to generate a birth report.
(For more help with shortcodes, see How To Use a Shortcode.)
NOTE: By default, ZodiacPress uses the Tropical zodiac, also known as the Western zodiac. To use the Sidereal zodiac (commonly used in Indian astrology), please see Use Sidereal Zodiac.
That’s it for the “Quick Start” setup. This allows you to generate a basic report which lists the planets in the signs, planets in the houses, and aspects. Interpretations will not be included in the report until you enter your own interpretations. See the Full Setup Guide for how to do this.