Before requesting support, please do a quick self-check. This can save time by pinpointing common issues right away.
Before you go any further, did you “enable the web services” for your GeoNames username? This is a step that many people forget to do. So, make sure that you completed Step 2 on the Quick Start Guide (or Step 13 on the Full Setup Guide). If you did that, then you can continue here.
One more thing to check first: did you just update to a new version? If yes, the please check the Release Notes page to see if there is any important notice for your update.
Now, you can continue here.
To complete this self-check, you will have to look at a few lines of your Site Health Info.
You can find your Site Health Info on your WordPress dashboard > Tools > Site Health. Click “Info.”
Please check these 8 lines of your Site Health Info:
- PHP version. Find the PHP version in the Server section. The PHP Version should be a number, 5.6 or higher.
- GD version. Find the GD version in the Media Handling section. This should be a version number for the chart image to work. This is not required for the birth report itself, but rather it’s only required for the chart drawing image. If it says “not available,” you must contact your web host to ask them to add a GD library. A GD library would provide the tools necessary for your site to create images.
- PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX. Find the PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX in the ZodiacPress section. This should be “so.” If the value here is “dll” then your site uses Windows hosting, and you should please see this.
- Server architecture. Find the Server architecture in the Server section. If this begins with windows or win, then your site probably uses Windows hosting, and you should please see this.
- exec(). Find
exec()in the ZodiacPress section. This should be “okay.” If it is disabled, please see this.
- chmod(). Find
chmod()in the ZodiacPress section. This should be “okay.” If it is disabled, your web host does not let the plugin set the necessary file permissions, in which case you should please see this.
- swetest file. Find “swetest file” in the ZodiacPress section. This should be “okay.” If it says “Missing!” then please see this.
- Ephemeris permissions. Find the “Ephemeris permissions” in the ZodiacPress section. This should be “okay.” If it says “Not executable!” then please first check all the previous items. If the previous items are okay, and this line still says “Not executable!” then go ahead and create a support request.
If all of these items are okay, and your issue is still not resolved, then please create a support request in the support forum.