Add software specs and Software Application microdata to your downloads when using Easy Digital Downloads plugin.
This free WordPress plugin is an extension for Easy Digital Downloads that automatically does several things:
It adds a Specs table below your single download content. The Specs table displays these:
- Release date
- Last updated date
- Current version
- Software application type
- File format
- File size
- Currency code
- It replaces EDD’s default microdata itemptype “Product” with “SoftwareApplication”.
- It moves the microdata itemtype declaration up to the body element so as to nest the “name” property within the itemscope.
- It adds “offers”, “price”, and “currency” microdata in order to generate Google rich snippets for Software Applications.
In addition, it adds these microdata properties of “SoftwareApplication”:
- It adds the “Current Version” of the download to the purchase receipt list (on EDD’s `download_history` shortcode). This is compatible with EDD Changelog Plugin. If that plugin is present, and you have entered a version in that plugin’s metabox, that will override this version on the receipt page and in the Specs table on the downloads page.
- It lets you enable the Specs table only for downloads that need it. See FAQ for details.
Installation and Setup
After Activating the Plugin
Go to the Downloads editor and enter specs for your existing digital products. Then “View Download” to see the specs table.
Frequently Asked Questions
See the plugin’s FAQ at WordPress.
Support or Bug Reports
Please see the FAQ before requesting support. You may find that the help you need has already been posted.
Please request support or report bugs in the support forum for the plugin at:
Or, do it at GitHub.
See the official changelog at WordPress:
EDD Software Specs Changelog